Debt.com is committed to providing you with the information and resources needed to empower you to succeed with your financial plan. As such, we have created a standard code of ethics that our employees and Service Providers must adhere to at all times. The purpose of our Code of Ethics is to ensure that everyone you engage through Debt.com agrees to follow the highest ethical standards, act for your benefit, comply with all applicable laws, and avail themselves to practices that exceed legal and industry standards while maintaining good relations with all Debt.com clients.
Code of Ethics:
- Service Providers must follow all applicable federal, state and local laws including but not limited to:
- Maintaining the appropriate licenses, permits,insurance and bonds;
- Charging only those fees allowed by law; and
- Safeguarding your private and confidential personal and financial information.
- Where appropriate Service Providers agree to provide financial education programs or tools open to all consumers.
- Where appropriate Service Providers agree to provide continuing education for employees dealing directly with customers.
- Service Providers agree to provide consumers full and accurate service and cost disclosures.
- Service Providers will not provide false or misleading information or engage in deceptive, misleading, or false advertising.
- Service Providers will have systems to ensure timely, accurate, and effective delivery of services and execution of payments as agreed.
- Service Providers will work diligently to resolve consumer complaints in a timely basis.