Liberal pundits have long suggested President Obama created President Trump — because the former incited racists to vote for the latter.
I believe Obama begat Trump, but not for that reason. I do believe Trump intentionally courted racists, who were appalled that the greatest nation on earth was led for eight years by a, well, you know.
But thankfully, there aren’t enough racists in the United States to propel a candidate to victory. That voting bloc can no longer win electoral votes. The last time was 1968, when independent George Wallace won five Deep South states.
Instead, blame Obama because he beat Hillary.
In 2008, Clinton was supposed to win. She was ahead in the polls until Feb. 12, nine months before Election Day. She never regained her lead after that.
Imagine what would’ve happened if Clinton had prevailed…
- Eight years later, Obama would be the Democratic nominee, turning out an African-American base that waned for Clinton last year.
- Obama won eight years ago with very little political experience. Under a Clinton presidency, he certainly would’ve earned more.
- With stump skills far superior to Clinton, and with far less family baggage, Obama would have been far more comfortable on the debate stage.
- Trump’s “huge” rallies would be matched by the massive audiences Obama had in 2008.
- Trump could call Clinton a “nasty woman” with little electoral blow-back. Can’t see how “nasty negro” would’ve worked for him.
So every time Trump does something cringe-worthy, all I can think is, “Dammit, Obama.”
Article last modified on August 8, 2017. Published by Debt.com, LLC .