Pikachu’s spark of the web will leave you speechless.
When I thought we couldn’t have any more reasons to be glued on to our phones, Pikachu and his squad come out with a revolutionary app: “Pokémon Go.” These funny looking and sounding characters from the past have already managed to put up big numbers in a split second:
- More Android Installs than Tinder! (Time to date or to catch ‘em all? No time for both.)
- Almost as many daily users as Twitter. (Is Twitter like Pidgey’s distant cousin?)
- Over 40 minutes of daily usage per user. (More usage than any social media network! I am not being funny, it’s a fact.)
Unless you’ve been living under a rock (which I’m sure is filled with a ton of cool Pokémon) you have probably seen numerous friends walking around looking to catch Pokémon. Not only have I seen people go crazy over it, but I myself have fallen in love with the app. Just yesterday, my friend Craig and I walked close to a mile during our lunch simply to find a Pokestop where we could refill our Pokeballs. Yeah I know, we are pretty cool.
What you haven’t heard of, are all the crazy stories that have occurred due to this app:
- One player stumbled upon a dead body while looking for Pokémon. WOW! Maybe it was a Pokémon battle gone wrong?
- Random homes became Pokémon Go meeting points.
- Husband catches a Pidgey while his wife is giving birth! Good news, it’s a cute healthy boy…only level 25, but that’s beyond the point. Oh, and the baby is also doing great!
All in all, Pokémon Go is absolutely great. First of all, it’s a FREE app! No need to go into debt in order to have some good old-fashioned fun. It also forces you to walk around and meet fellow Pokémon trainers; possibly saving you some money by cancelling that expensive gym membership. No more of this couch potato nonsense. Lastly, it gives you a common activity to do and discuss with your friends. Don’t miss out on this viral gaming trend and check it out for yourself.
For expert help on debt, make sure to check out our extensive list of easily accessible and extremely helpful resources! We are a lot better at personal finances than we are at catching Pokémon, see for yourself.
Article last modified on July 14, 2016. Published by Debt.com, LLC .