From the Debt.com Frugal Files
Wait…what? Are we seriously talking about not spending a single dime this weekend, you ask? Yes, we are. It IS possible, and we’re going to show you how in this first installment of the frugal files.
- Check your local community calendar for free events. Most neighborhoods hold weekend festivals, concerts, readings at the library, and more.
- Get artsy. Many museums have a day or two every month where you can enjoy exhibits for free.
- Go to the farmer’s market to enjoy some tasty free samples.
- Pretend you’re a tourist. Get to know the history and highlights of where you live by doing a walking tour. Visit your City Hall or Convention and Visitor’s Bureau for resources on where to to get started.
- Park it. Grab a book, blanket, bag of snacks and head to your local park for the day. Just don’t forget the sunscreen or you’ll pay in a different way!
- Have a yard sale. A weekend is the perfect time to get rid of clutter and actually make some extra money while you’re at it.
What are some ways YOU save money on a daily basis?